ADSM-L

Remote restore

1996-06-13 07:58:00
Subject: Remote restore
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:58:00 +0100
Hi there!
I have some OS/2 LanServer clients I am planning to backup to the ADSM MVS
server. The only problem I see is the location of the clients. The are located
in our Mainframe building which is heavily secured. No people are allowed
access to the building with exception for those with temporary access when
there are problems to solve. Because ADSM only allowes restores to be initiated
from the client desktop, I wonder how I can initiate restores remotely. I have
not seen a Windows GUI which one can use to start a restore from another
machine (like other backup product have).
Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
Have other people submitted requirements for a GUI to do this job?
Regards,
Eric van Loon (evanloon AT klm DOT nl)