ADSM-L

Backup service for a campus.

1996-06-12 03:10:56
Subject: Backup service for a campus.
From: Leen Van Rentergem <Leen.VanRentergem AT CC.KULEUVEN.AC DOT BE>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 09:10:56 UTC+0200
Hi,
I am new to this list, maybe this topic was discussed before, sorry.
We use already for quite a while ADSM in the Computing Centre.
Now we want to set up a campus-wide backup service for PC's and
UNIX workstations around the University.
We want to set up an environment so that we avoid to create a
garbadge can of our ADSM system.
I mean, how can you avoid that backups stay
on the system, when the PC is removed (of course the user will forget
to remove the backup himself or forget to inform us)?
What is a good automatic backup-sheduling frequency to offer
our users?
Do you already did set up a ADSM service for a campus?
and maybe, do you have some hints and tips for me?
Thanks in advance,
Leen Van Rentergem

Leen Van Rentergem
University Computing Centre
K.U.Leuven                                  tel: 0032 16 322155
De Croylaan 52 A                            fax: 0032 16 322999
B-3001 Leuven
E-mail : Leen.Van Rentergem AT cc.kuleuven.ac DOT be