ADSM-L

Re[2]: Deleting parts of a user backup.

1996-06-11 16:07:00
Subject: Re[2]: Deleting parts of a user backup.
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:07:00 -0400
Text item: Body.822
Here is what I think is the quickest way to get a subset of a filespace out
of the server.

1. Make a new mgmtclas; call it QUICKDELETE.
2. Set the backup copygroup to keep 0 versions for deleted files --
     def co .... VERD=0 RETE=0 RETO=0
3. On the client change the dsm.opt file to mark the unwanted files with
the new mgmtclas --
     include <filespec> QUICKDELETE
4. Run an incremental.
5. Change the client options again to exclude the unwanted files from the
filespace backup.  The server will treat these files as if they were
deleted from the client --
     exclude <filespec>
6. Run an incremental.
7. Run Exire Inventory on the server.