ADSM-L

-VOLinformation on Novell clients...

1996-06-06 17:38:31
Subject: -VOLinformation on Novell clients...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 16:38:31 -0500
     Stupid question but I've got to ask....

     -VOLinformation
     Backs up NetWare volume restrictions such as volume or disk space
     restrictions and trustee directory assignments for the root directory
     of a volume.

     For example, to back up volume restrictions for the SYS: volume,
     enter:  load dsmc sel -VOL  SYS:

     I read this as : If I want volume restrictions I must schedule a
     backup of just that.

     CAN I GET AWAY WITH PUTTING -VOL ON A STRAIGHT INCREMENTAL SCHEDULED
     EVENT AND HAVE IT PICK UP ALL CHANGED FILES AND ALL VOLUME
     RESTRICTIONS...
     WOULD THE EXAMPLE FROM THE MANUAL (LISTED ABOVE) BACKUP ALL THE FILES
     ON THE SYS: VOLUME ALSO ? ? ?

     You might have the doc folks add a one line note that explains the
     full scope of the example... or key word of ONLY or AND DATASETS
     or am I once again missing something and since there is no SYS:\* and
     or -subdir=y does that eliminate the inclusion of files...?

     One quick other question... In the novell environment when doing a vol
     restore each directory gets rights... but when doing a dir restore and
     the directory does not exist you have to restore it twice to get the
     rights...     IS THIS RIGHT (sorry for the choice of words...)

     later
          Dwight