ADSM-L

Re: Environment variables

1996-06-06 10:05:01
Subject: Re: Environment variables
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 07:05:01 PDT
Larry Abbinante asks:

>Can anyone tell me why even after defining the environment variable
>DSM_LOG on the HP-UX client, adsm still writes to a dsmerror.log file
>in the root directory instead of the one specified on the variable
>stmt.   The permissions for the directory on the variable stmt is
>drwxr-xr-x with root being the owner and group user.  It's not like
>we're losing the data, however I don't know why it's not working.  Has
>anyone dealt with this???

How exactly have you set up the environment variables? Did you follow
the suggestions in the "Installing the Clients" manual? In my copy,
it's on page 31.

For Bourne and Korn Shell, add to .profile in your $HOME directory:
   DSM_LOG=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin         <== or wherever
   export DSM_LOG

For C Shell, add to .cshrc in your $HOME directory:
   setenv DSM_LOG=/usr/lpp/adsm/bin     <== or wherever

If you've already done all of this and it doesn't work, you should
contact ADSM support.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130