ADSM-L

Charging Clients For ADSM Services?

1996-06-04 16:30:52
Subject: Charging Clients For ADSM Services?
From: Chip Aiken <aiken AT NET.KENT DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 16:30:52 -0400
Hi.  I haven't posted to this list for some time.  We have been providing
ADSM services to NetWare, Windows, and AIX clients for a year now, and have
been charging a flat rate of $180 per year per client.  We now have approx. 30
clients and I have noticed that three clients are using approx. 75% of
the ADSM tape resources.  I am curious as to what some of the larger ADSM
installations are charging (if at all) their clients for ADSM services,
and if anyone is using a capacity-based charging mechanism.  Feel free to
e-mail me directly with any info.  Thank you.

: Chip Aiken
: University Information Systems
: Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242
: Voice:  (330) 672-7971 ext. 52