ADSM-L

NT Registry error

1996-05-30 14:12:53
Subject: NT Registry error
From: GLW2 <GLW2 AT OFS.CO.WESTCHESTER.NY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 14:12:53 -0400
We are attempting to install the NT client, ver 2.1.3, following the README
instructions and also Pete Tanenhaus' note to Rusty Wright dated April 17.
We get through the Install as Service (Opt I) ok, but get an error when
attempting to update the SRVANY registry entry (Opt U).

We confirm the machine (Local) and the service name that was just installed
(ADSM Scheduler).  At that point we expect to see the registry values, but
instead we get an error message :

  ERROR - RegOpenKeyEx : Win32 RC=5

As near as we can tell, everything else is where it should be.  Any ideas as
to what's going wrong ?   Thanks for your help.

Gary Wood,  County of Westchester,  NY
  (914) 593-2342