ADSM-L

Note from you attached below

1996-05-29 19:16:43
Subject: Note from you attached below
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 16:16:43 MST
The ADSM export/import facility handles EBCDIC/ASCII conversions, so I don't
believe that is the problem.  I would suggest opening a problem with service.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Server Development
------------------------------- Referenced Note ---------------------------
We are migrating from a VM-server version 1 to a AIX-server version 2,
We are migrating from a VM-server version 1 to a AIX-server version 2,
which is in fact the 'Enhanced ADSM Server for StorageTek Tape Drives
and Tape Libraries' with 'Internal Version Number 2.1.2'.
I was trying (as a test) to transport data from one user's filespace
from the VM-server to the AIX-server using EXPORT/IMPORT.
The EXPORT to a 3480 cartridge (volume name 120149) under VM went O.K.
There was no problem with CHECKIN under AIX.
Then I started the IMPORT-process:

import node xxx filedata=all devclass=stkclass vol=120149 preview=yes

The cartridge was mounted correctly but then I got the following
messages:

ANR8337I STK volume 120149 mounted in drive STK_0_0_8_0
 (/dev/mt0).
ANR9999D pvrgts.c(3739): Invalid block header read from
 volume 120149. (magic=E2D8, ver=49864, blk=16777220 <0>,
 db=2145911040 <32760,32768,0>)
ANR9999D xibf.c(805): Error 5 encountered in opening
 import stream.
ANR0661E IMPORT NODE: Internal error encountered in
 accessing data storage.

Is it impossible under AIX to IMPORT data that is EXPORTed under VM
because it is in EBCDIC, or do I make some other mistake?

Greetings,
Pieter Groen