ADSM-L

INTERNET MAIL -Reply

1996-05-29 09:56:14
Subject: INTERNET MAIL -Reply
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 07:56:14 -0600
We recently changed out all our DASD to new EMC boxes, same site but
regardless of that, ADSM doesn't know or care where they would
physically be located.
We also used FDR with the COPYVOL so it picks up the same volume
name and configured our new DASD to be the same dievice type it came
from, 3380K - 3380K, 3390-03  -  3390-03 etc.  Of course, you would
need ADSM down.  If you are going to different device types, you might
want to check into it more although I do not believe that it should be a
problem either.   No problems encountered with ADSM or any other
application using mainframe DASD.

Jane Dagostino-Snyder
University of Minnesota
Storage Administration