ADSM-L

DB recovery

1996-05-29 07:20:12
Subject: DB recovery
From: John O'Neall <jon AT IN2P3 DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 13:20:12 +0200
I decided to recover my DB (after destroying it for a test, as explained
in a preceding note).  When I run

dsmserv -F restore db

it eventually tells me

ANR8498E Drive not defined for library DIVADB in device configuration
information file.

I agree.  DIVADB is a library of type EXTERNAL, which "does not support
drive definitions"! Now what?  (Defining a drive in the device config file
didn't help; it just bombed out later on when it tried to access the
device.)

Thanks again for any suggestions.  John

John O'Neall                         e-mail:  jon AT in2p3 DOT fr
John O'Neall                         e-mail:  jon AT in2p3 DOT fr
Centre de Calcul de l'IN2P3          phone:   (33) 78 93 08 80
Villeurbanne, France                 fax:     (33) 78 94 30 54