ADSM-L

Nwpwfile for Novell client

1996-05-28 14:37:10
Subject: Nwpwfile for Novell client
From: LAbbinante <LAbbinante AT UAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 13:37:10 -0500
Has anyone had the problem of ADSM prompting for a Netware user and
password even after NWPWfile has been coded (it's the default even) and
a valid user and password has already been encrypted in a *.pwd file in
the adsm directory?  This seems to happen when the server gets cycled
for one reason or another, and when the backup kicks off, it will
prompt for the id and password, but no one is there to reply to the
prompt (at 0200 a.m.).   I remember posing this problem to level 2 and
I don't think I ever got a good fix to the problem.
Also,  user guide states that an id and password of 'supervisory'
equivalence needs to be used.  I have supervisor equivalence (so I'm
told) and when I answer the prompt with my id it says 'ANS4974e Login
denied to NetWare target service agent 'servername''.  I can login
normal to the server but ADSM won't accept my ID as valid?  Can anyone
take this one....??  Thanks...

Larry Abbinante
labbinante AT ual DOT com