ADSM-L

aix upgrade

1996-05-23 13:21:31
Subject: aix upgrade
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 10:21:31 PDT
Susan...I haven't done this migration myself, but from what I understand
this is a problem with the device definitions for any application during
an aix upgrade from 3.2.5 to 4.x.  From what I hear, this is a known
problem that is being worked on by the aix team.  I am not aware of any
way around the reinstall that you did...greg tevis

 we run AIX 3.2.5 with ADSM V2 server.  We upgraded AIX to 4.1.4 with a
 "complete replacement" install.  We used mksysb to restore the /usr/lpp/adsm
 and adsmserv directories.

 However, after the aix upgrade.... the panels in SMIT for the ADSM devices
 are no longer there.  It seems we had to RE install ADSM to build everything
 correctly.

 IS there a better way to upgrade AIX without affecting the ADSM component ??
 Or a way to back up ADSM beforehand correctly so that we can restore the
 backup and not do a complete install.

 Thanks,
 Susan McClure
 Rice University