ADSM-L

Re: Server Configurations

1996-05-23 12:41:57
Subject: Re: Server Configurations
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 12:41:57 EDT
On Thu, 23 May 1996 11:11:01 +0100 Bryan King said:
>--Three DLT4700 Quantum tape libraries, one drive each

I'm not sure how you will do automatic Tape Reclaim with one-drive libraries.
Not sure how the pricing compares, but you might consider a multi-drive DLT
tape library.  We just got a 3-drive 60-slot library from Breece Hill.  They
also sell a 2-drive 28-slot library.  Odetics also has multi-drive DLT
libraries.  We didn't look at the DLT4700 stacker, so I really have no idea
how the prices compare.                                       ..Paul