ADSM-L

Re: Some questions.

1996-05-23 12:36:20
Subject: Re: Some questions.
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 12:36:20 EDT
On Thu, 23 May 1996 11:03:33 -0500 Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 said:
>I saw this on our ADSM Servers.  The way I fixed it was after I had configured
>the ADSM devices I rebuilt the boot record to add the mt? devices to it.
>  bosboot -a -d /dev/ipldevices

Chuck, I tried this on our AIX 3.2.5 system.  Actually, the command I tried
was 'bosboot -a -u -d /dev/ipldevices'.  I tried it several times, AFTER
configuring the ADSM devices.  Each time after a boot, the devices came up
Defined, not Available.  We are at ADSM 2.1.0.7.  I don't think we always
had this problem.  I think it might have been introduced at the 2.1.0.7
or perhaps the 2.1.0.4 level.

..Paul