ADSM-L

Problem Adding a Minidisk to VM ADSM

1996-05-23 10:20:48
Subject: Problem Adding a Minidisk to VM ADSM
From: "Mark A. Stevens" <xmas AT UXA.ECN.BGU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 09:20:48 -0500
I shut down the server, ran DSMMDISK and when I start up the server I
get the error:

ANR1315E Vary-on failed for disk volume 0A01 - invalid label block.

and q vol shows:

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated  %Util   Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity          Status
                                                        (MB)
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----  --------
0A00                      BACKUPPOOL   DISK          1,035.4   94.4  On-Line
0A00                      BACKUPPOOL   DISK          1,035.4   94.4  On-Line
0A01                      BACKUPPOOL   DISK              0.0    0.0  Off-Line
0A02                      BACKUPPOOL   DISK          1,035.4   99.8  On-Line

Even though DSMMDISK ended without an error. I looked at the code and
compared it to the install and it looks okay. Has anyone else been
through this?

Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204
Systems Programmer                        Internet: xmas AT uxa.ecn.bgu DOT edu
Educational Computing Network             BITNET:   [email protected]
Board of Governors Universities           VMSHARE:  ECE/MARK