ADSM-L

Re: Some questions.

1996-05-22 16:20:53
Subject: Re: Some questions.
From: Chet Martel <cmartel AT PEACH.FRUIT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 15:20:53 -0500
At 08:56 AM 5/21/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
> Does ADSM support DLT tape drives; i.e. drivers for making the sequential
>loader automatically load tapes?  Is backup of raw devices supported?  How does
>the IBM 7331 8mm stacker perform under ADSM.  Thanks in advance.
>
>       -bill hankard
>       whankard AT tesent DOT com

As a novice ADSM administrator, I am using the 7331 and it is working
flawlessly to
my surprise.  Usually new hardware does not work.  The only problem I have
is that when I reboot the system with the library the library manager (lb0)
and the tape drive (mt0) come up defined instead of available.  What does
come up as available is
smcO and rmt0 with the same scsi address as the 7331.  Reconfiguring the devices
with SMIT takes care of the problem.