ADSM-L

Notification of Success/Failed Backup

1996-05-17 04:09:48
Subject: Notification of Success/Failed Backup
From: Bryan King <bking AT ISM DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 09:09:48 +0100
Up till now I had been using the dsmaccnt.log file to determine
whether a backup was successful or not using field #11 - Normal
server termination indicator.

I have now come up against a situation where ADSM logged a
successful termination, but in fact did not complete a backup.

Senior management is quite upset (especially since the worst
happened - a full drive restore was required for the day
missed).

How is everyone else checking for successful completion of
backups?  Do you use the acccounting file, the date and time of
the filespace backup, or ????

To the IBM folks:
What is the most accurate way for checking for successful
backups?

Is there a way (from the server) that I can generate a list of
failed filenames (or at least a count) for each client?  The
clients are across several platforms, and several protocols...