ADSM-L

3590 in 3494 ATL

1996-05-14 13:52:01
Subject: 3590 in 3494 ATL
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 10:52:01 -0700
We just added an expansion box to our current 3494 ATL over the weekend. The ATL
now contains 4 3490E & 2 3590 drives. The 3590 drives are available to AIX and I
have turned on ENABLE3590LIBRARY in the dsmserv.opt file. However, when I try to
define the 3590 drives to adsm, i get the following message:
   adsm> def drive atlrobot atltape5 device=/dev/rmt5
ANR8315E DEFINE DRIVE: The device type of drive ATLTAPE5 is not supported in
349X libraries.
ANS5102I Return code 4.

Our ADSM server is AIX v1.2.0.9 which supposedly supports the mixed environment.
If anybody out there can help us out on this, we would sure appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.