ADSM-L

Re: Wait for Tape Mount

1996-05-10 14:17:08
Subject: Re: Wait for Tape Mount
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 14:17:08 -0400
Todd -

We saw a similar problem with our Silos under MVS.  If you are also MVS, I
would suspect the unit type that you have the tape devclass assigned to.  We
initially had it set to a class that required all mounts to be made in the sil
o, and had problems when the tapes were ejected.  We changed to a class that
was set to mount on both automated and manual tapes, so that thee was no
perceptible difference in operation between the two.  All scratch mounts are
forced into the silo.  This has worked reasonably well for us.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com