ADSM-L

TCPIP Errors on Novell clients after terminate session

1996-05-08 13:45:06
Subject: TCPIP Errors on Novell clients after terminate session
From: Rick Tsujimoto <rtsujimoto AT CUSA.CANON DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 12:45:06 EST
     I'm backing up Novell clients to MVS and every so often I have to
     issue a TERMINATE SESSION command because the backups were taking too
     long.  I noticed that the Novell clients encounter TCPIP errors when
     the next scheduled backup starts.  The only remedy is to restart the
     Novell client software. Our MVS ADSM server is V1.1.016 and the Novell
     clients are at 2.01.  Does anyone know if this working as designed or
     if it's an error?

     Any help would be appreciated.