ADSM-L

ADSM on WinNT 3.51 Workstation

1996-05-08 10:06:10
Subject: ADSM on WinNT 3.51 Workstation
From: Pete Kockritz <Pete.Kockritz AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 09:06:10 -0500
I am using ADSM on a Pentium running Windows NT 3.51 Workstation. ADSM was
installed as a 'service' by an administrator (I do not have admin privs) and
seems to be running each night, but a couple of things are not quite right.

It seems to be backing up the pagefile.sys file, even though I have an
exclude for it in the dsm.opt file. When I try to browse the list of files
that were backed-up, my ADSM client crashes (possibly due to network problems,
we're experiencing some network problems recently).

Is there any way for a non-admin to recover files from a backup?

Also, is there a FAQ for this group?

Regards,
Pete
|       Pete Kockritz                   Pete.Kockritz AT ti DOT com
|
|       Texas Instruments               petekz AT aol DOT com

|       Dallas, TX                      Voice: 214-997-2098              |
|                         This space for rent.                           |