ADSM-L

Re: how much do you have to know about client platforms?

1996-05-07 19:28:28
Subject: Re: how much do you have to know about client platforms?
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 19:28:28 EDT
Eric -
  Here are some things we've had to know about Windows in order to
support our ADSM customers on that platform:

  o Which button on the window bar to click to iconify rather than
    close an application

  o If you single click on an iconified application and get the popup
    menu, clicking close on that menu closes the application, not just
    the menu. Clicking anywhere else on the screen closes the menu.

  o How to edit the DSM.OPT file without starting ADSM

  o How to install a minimal system, networking, and ADSM, and do a
    full boot disk restore.

Wendy Alberg                      Phone:  607/255-2672
Network & Computer Systems        Fax:    607/255-6523
Cornell Information Technologies  E-mail: wa10 AT cornell DOT edu
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY    WWW:    http://dwrgi.cit.cornell.edu/