ADSM-L

Reply to FW: ADSM Reporting C

1996-05-06 13:04:00
Subject: Reply to FW: ADSM Reporting C
From: Mike Stewart <STEWAJM AT AUDUCADM.DUC.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 11:04:00 -06
*** Original Author:  ADSM-L @ MARIST - ** Remote User **; 05/06/96 09:11am

Just a word of caution on output redirection of administrative
commands.... IBM has changed the format between maintenance releases (on
MVS at least, don't know about AIX, etc.)... very frustrating when you
do some post-processing on these redirected files. On more than 1
occasion I've put maintenance on the ADSM server only to find the format
of a report has changed from column oriented to 1 field per line or vice
versa.  I haven't put any maintenance on our Version 2 server so can't
say if this problem still exists....

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com

*** Comments From: STEWAJM - Stewart, Mike; 05/06/96 11:00am
Ditto.

There really needs to be an UNLOAD database command
which will produce a machine readable copy/summary of the database
suitable for reporting, loading into DB2 (or database of
choice) etc.

Or maybe a "format=machinereadable" along with
"format=detailed" for the admin commands.

Mike Stewart
Mgr. Systems Programming
Auburn University
Mike.Stewart AT mail.auburn DOT edu