ADSM-L

Linux version of IBM's ADSM workstation backup software

1996-05-05 23:44:51
Subject: Linux version of IBM's ADSM workstation backup software
From: Nick Kralevich <nickkral AT CAL.ALUMNI.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 20:44:51 -0700
We are interested in backing up our workstation to the UC Berkeley campus
backup service.  This service uses IBM ADSM software to do backup.  The
system that we use is Linux.

http://garnet.berkeley.edu/~ucbackup/

   The UCBackup service provides centralized workstation backup support
   for the University of California at Berkeley community over the campus
   TCP/IP network using IBM's ADSM workstation backup software. A variety
   of platforms are provided including Macintosh, Windows and several
   Unix environments.

Unfortunately, when I looked at the list of "several Unix environments",
I did not find Linux on there.

Is the ADSM software available for purchase on the Linux platform?
We are interested in purchasing this software.

Specifically, we are running Linux 1.2.13 ELF on
cal.alumni.berkeley.edu.  A WWW page is available just by prepending a
"http://"; to the address.

I apologize if this is the wrong address for such questions.

Take care,
-- Nick Kralevich
   nickkral AT cal.alumni.berkeley DOT edu
   nickkral AT cal.alumni.berkeley DOT edu