ADSM-L

License Audit times....

1996-04-29 22:59:01
Subject: License Audit times....
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 22:59:01 -0400
Date:     April 29, 1996            Time:    22:38
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
In looking through the log this AM, I noticed that my version 2 MVS server
In looking through the log this AM, I noticed that my version 2 MVS server
(level 2) went through license audit processing last night, and it took almost
an hour to process 316 registered nodes.  This seems to me to be very extreme
(there was a little activity on the server, but nothing of great impact, and
the rest of the workload on an MVS machine on Sunday evening was low too).  If
all you are trying to do is count the number of registered nodes that I have,
and make sure that I am not using a client type that I am not registered for,
then I would be really concerned if I have several thousand nodes (as we
project to be), and this occurred on a weeknight, in the middle of a set of
server backups.

Is this time duration what others are seeing?  Is there anything that can be
done to reduce the time this process takes?

Jerry Lawson