ADSM-L

ADSM client for VM/CMS?

1996-04-29 13:38:53
Subject: ADSM client for VM/CMS?
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 12:38:53 -0500
For various political, cost and other reasons we will be installing one
or more PC Server 500s (VM/CMS on a card) in the near future.

From just a little investigation, vendors are not breaking down my door
to backup these little things.  An ADSM client, though, might be just
right for us.

Minimal: backup/restore minidisks at minidisk level.

Much better: backup/restore CMS files at CMS file level.

Wonderful: backup/restore SFS objects in addition to above.

How do other folks backup their small VM/CMS systems?  I'll be happy to
summarize for the list.

Is there IBM interest or activity in this area?

regards,

Wayne T. Smith               internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System