ADSM-L

ADSM send fails, but won't skip file...ANS4228e

1996-04-26 17:42:39
Subject: ADSM send fails, but won't skip file...ANS4228e
From: Susan McClure <smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:42:39 -0500
I am running ADSM/VM backing up a MAC 7.5 system.  The mac is also acting as
a "mini fileserver" and as such apparently has occasion to create a hidden file
sometimes called " .... Move&Rename" where the ... is some weird characters.

When ADSM tries to back this file up it seems to fail... but it won't skip it
and move on to others.   How do I make ADSM ignore the file (it is old temp
type data or invalid data) and move on and finish the rest of the backup...

scheduler messages I see:
...... expiring and sending several other files....
Directory --> 70 jennifer's big mac:   Move&Rename Sent
....... other files....
Retry #1 Directory --> 70 jennifer's big mac:    Move&Rename ** Unsuccessful **
ANS4228E send of object 'jennifer's big mac:   Move&Rename' failed

this apparently put a prompt on her mac asking if she wanted to skip which she
doesn't see and respond to till 9 hours later so it's too late and we see

File skipped by user Retry #1 Directory --> 70 jennifer's bif mac:Apple Extras
TCP/IP communications failure....

the stats of the run show 32 objects inspected, nothing backed up, and 1
failed.

ANS4228E msg indicates that it should skip the problem file and move on...but
it doesn't

Any ideas ????
Many Thanks
Susie McClure