ADSM-L

Pointers for optimizing backup performance

1996-04-24 15:14:44
Subject: Pointers for optimizing backup performance
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 15:14:44 -0400
We're still testing this stuff out and I'm certainly not a point of
performance tuning.  However, I'm confused on what type of ideal settings
to use.  I just have the basic staging pool on magnetic disk with the tape
pool next in line.  The magneteic storage area is only 8Mb.  What are the
ideal migration settings for that storage pool to get a smooth flow of
data going to tape (8mm for right now)?  Larger pool?  Very low migration
threshholds?  Not sure what is best here.

Joe Morris - morris AT unc DOT edu - http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
OIT/Computing Systems, Development