ADSM-L

Re: Acceptance (Was support ADSM)

1996-04-24 09:15:13
Subject: Re: Acceptance (Was support ADSM)
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 09:15:13 -0400
On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Jeffrey Mathers wrote:

| For what it's worth you can add my name to this litany about the pathetic
| documentation. In a way its nice to hear that all platforms are treated
| equally badly. I though this was just IBM dropping the ball on OS/2
| products again.

| Promises of Redbooks do not change my opinion, unless they are provided
| at no cost.

All the books are good for is reference.  They're useless for showing
conecpts and sturcture.  We need some basic inllustrations on how things
are setup instead of digging through documentation at least twice to
figure out what is going on.  I have the red books, but they're more like
advanced topics and stuff.

Even the installation manual itself is vague and poorly structured.  There
are so many pieces in between that are missing that you have to dig up.
Joe Morris - morris AT unc DOT edu - http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
OIT/Computing Systems, Development