ADSM-L

Backup VolHistory in V1.2.07/17

1996-04-23 14:22:03
Subject: Backup VolHistory in V1.2.07/17
From: Mark Mapes <MWM4%CnoBsrp%CTS AT GO50.COMP.PGE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 11:22:03 PDT
Hi,

We have a slight problem with the BACKUP VOLHISTORY command in
ADSM Server Version 1.2.07/17 for AIX.  According to the on-line help, if
the VOLHISITORY files are defined in the DSMSERV.OPT file, then we
should be able to invoke the BACKUP VOLHISTORY command without the
FILELIST parameter.  But when we do that we get message # ANR2464I,
which states that the VOLHISTORY files are not defined/configured.

The funny thing is, this use to work OK until January, when we made a
small change in the AIX startup to automatically start ADSM.  Now, even
when we do a manual startup (after a manual halt), we still can't issue the
BACKUP VOLHISTORY command, without specifying the FILELIST.

Does anybody have any insight as to the fix or related information?

Thanks.

Mark Mapes
PG&E