ADSM-L

Re: ADSM with SAP R/3 BACKINT

1996-04-22 09:47:43
Subject: Re: ADSM with SAP R/3 BACKINT
From: Chuck Mattern <cam03 AT HOMEDEPOT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 09:47:43 -0400
Greetings,

> The full text to this message says that the PATH environment variable
> does not include the directories for dsmc.  SAP is started with a special
> user account, this same account is su'd to to run SAPDBA to start the
> backup or archive job manually.  Has anyone out there used ADSM/BACKINT
> in a SAP system?  Have you had this problem and solved it?

I have not used the product in question, however the problem you are
encountering is not uncommon.  It sounds like the system is doing what
amounts to a rexec ( remote execution ).  I'd assume that there is
some sort of way to set up the command that is passed.  One of two
options ought to work for you. Either pass the full path name of a
shell script to be executed on the unix machine that sets up all
needed environment variables as part of it's execution, or, if ADSM is
installed in it's default directory, you should be able to simply call
dsmc with the full path ( on my system this would amount to the
command line /usr/adsm/dsmc being passed to the remote machine).  Hope
this helps!

Regards,
Chuck