ADSM-L

Re: Multiple processes on HP-UX

1996-04-22 09:31:02
Subject: Re: Multiple processes on HP-UX
From: Chuck Mattern <cam03 AT HOMEDEPOT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 09:31:02 -0400
>  That's normal behavior for any ADSM server on any system
> whose dispatch unit is a process instead of a thread.
> On AIX 4.x, Sun Solaris and OS/2, ADSM consists of a single
> process with multiple threads.  There could be a problem
> starting multiple processes if the process per id limit
> is exceeded.

If this occurrs it is not that big a deal to fix. the MAXUPROC and
NFILE parameters in the kernel can be upped with little impact to the
system as long as your users behave themselves.  I have a few systems
where we run an enourmous number of tasks all under the informix id (
a supervisory id for the informix database product ) and have hard
wired these values to rather obscenely large numbers.

Regards,
Chuck