ADSM-L

Multiple processes on HP-UX

1996-04-19 16:44:59
Subject: Multiple processes on HP-UX
From: LAbbinante <LAbbinante AT UAL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:44:59 -0500
----------
We have just started our second ADSM server, this time on HP-UX.  I
We have just started our second ADSM server, this time on HP-UX.  I
noticed that when it starts up, about 20+ child processes start up
along with original parent process.  Is this normal??  I seem to
remember a problem a while back where no more processes could start
because the semaphores had been exhausted.  If this is normal for these
processes to start, am I impacting the system any.  I'm not a Unix
guru, so forgive me if this sounds kind of fundamental to Unix.

Thanks.....
L. Abbinante
labbinante AT ual DOT com