ADSM-L

ADSM and Warp Server

1996-04-17 15:53:06
Subject: ADSM and Warp Server
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 15:53:06 EDT
Jeff, let me assure you that the full ADSM product does NOT come with
Warp Server.  Warp Server Backup/Restore (an enhancement to the product
Personally Safe 'n'Sound) comes with Warp Server.  One of the enhancements
in Warp Server Backup/Restore is it's ability to be an ADSM api application;
that is, it has been updated so that one of the storage devices you can
send it's backup data to can be ADSM.  In reality, ADSM may be a hierarchy
of devices, but from Warp Server's point-of-view it's just a device.

The redbook on how to back up lan server and warp server with ADSM is
now available (or should be on the shelf real-soon).  The book number
is SG24-4682.

If you tell me who gave the presentation you saw, I'll contact them and
clear up the confusion.....
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens
IBM - ITSO San Jose