ADSM-L

NODENAME

1996-04-16 14:19:51
Subject: NODENAME
From: Mj Lopatin <lopatin AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 11:19:51 PDT
Mike Stewart wrote:

>Is there a way to use a node name other than the default
>without breaking passwordaccess generate processing?
>DSM.SYS does not have a nodename option.
>DSM.OPT nodename seems break passwordaccess generate.

>We have situations where we have domain names of:
>"machine1.dpt1.univ.edu"
>"machine1.dpt2.univ.edu"
>The ADSM client on both machines will want to use
>"machine1" as its node name.

Mike,

  In the Version 2 UNIX clients, we now allow NODENAME to be specified in
the dsm.sys file (instead of using HOSTNAME) for precisely this situation.
Password=Generate will still work.  Please see page 124 in Using the
UNIX B/A Clients, or look under NODENAME in the options.doc file that
ships with each client.

       -- MJ Lopatin
          ADSM Client Development