ADSM-L

ADSM tracking/reporting by CA1

1996-04-15 13:52:00
Subject: ADSM tracking/reporting by CA1
From: Wayne Holler <Wayne.Holler AT FNB.SPRINT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 13:52:00 -0400
     We are a large multi-platform, but mostly MVS data center.  We are
     testing ADSM on a RISC6000 AIX platform in view of supporting
     diverse client server platforms.

     Responsibility for tape handling will be with MVS tape pool personnel.

     We will be using half inch tape media in a separate tape pool.

     Tape mounts will be displayed on the same electronic board MVS mounts
     appear on with a different designation for ADSM devices.

     We will be sending tape offsite.

     Tape pool personnel use and are very happy with the reporting of CA1.

     We are considering periodic file transfers of ADSM data set names to
     CA1 on the Mainframe and assigning CA1 to create traditional pull
     lists, offsite lists, etc.

     Have any of you done this kind of cataloging?

     Thank You.

     Wayne Holler
     First Chicago

     Wayne.Holler AT fnb.sprint DOT com