ADSM-L

NetWare NDS answers

1996-04-11 18:40:05
Subject: NetWare NDS answers
From: "Jim Smith (276-7618)" <spikes AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:40:05 PDT
Kingsavanh Bounkeua asks:

>How do I do that?
>I issued "select dir\.o=xxxx" and ADSM did the backup of the directories.

I suggest that you use the incremetnal backup function to backup the
NDS to ensure that the trustees are backed-up properly.  eg: I DIR

>Now I issued "query backup dir\o.=xxxx" and ADSM return the following error ms
>

>ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found
>
>And when I issued the following:
>
>dsmc> rest dir/.o=xxxx
>Restore function invoked.
>
>ANS4095E No files matching search criteria were found

The queries are case sensitive for the NDS objects. For the restore or
query backup, use:

  dir:/.O=xxxx (name types .CN, .O, .OU, .C, .L must be uppercase)
               (object name 'xxxx' must be in same case as it was backed up)

or, just say Q BACKUP dir:/*

Jim Smith
ADSM NetWare client development
San Jose, CA