ADSM-L

Unix directory permissions

1996-04-11 17:02:28
Subject: Unix directory permissions
From: LAbbinante <LAbbinante AT UAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 16:02:28 -0500
Just an FYI: I have found that the directory permissions along with the
file permissions get restored correctly if you use the GUI instead of
the command line interface on the HP-UX client.  I couldn't say why,
the logon id was root both times and yet the command line would restore
a directory from scratch (didn't exist prior to restore) with an
incorrect set of permissions: d - - - - - - - - -  and the GUI did
not...???  I guess if you need to recover an entire directory or set of
directories, like a system recovery, you should use the GUI instead of
the command line.
Has anyone seen any other anomalies with using one of the interfaces as
opposed to the other, besides say performance????

labbinante AT ual DOT com
Larry Abbinante  UAL Inc.