ADSM-L

Trustee Rights for Novell restores

1996-04-09 16:46:37
Subject: Trustee Rights for Novell restores
From: LAbbinante <LAbbinante AT UAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 15:46:37 -0500
We had the same problem when we did a Novell recovery.  After the fact,
I found a VOLINFORMATION parm for restore and backup, which is suppose
to restore the 'volume restrictions such as volume or disk space
restrictions and trustee directory assignments for the root directory
of a volume.'  (That's right out of the Novell user guide, page 27)
Other than that, there is not much information about it.  It also says
that the parm can used for selective backup.  But does that mean that
if you do incrementals that the information can not and does not get
backed up?  And if it doesn't, then how could you restore it?
I remember putting the VOLINFORMATION parm in the scheduler
(incremental) statement, however I don't remember if it had any effect
on preserving the trustee and volume rights.
Hope that maybe at least puts you on the right track...!

L. Abbinante
labbinante AT ual DOT com