ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT Client

1996-04-09 09:05:47
Subject: Re: Windows NT Client
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 09:05:47 EDT
> We are trying to define the DSMC schedule for a Windows NT client to run as
> an N
> T Service.  The instructions to perform this mention a 'reskit' utility.  We
> are
>  fairly new NT users and cannot find the 'srvany.exe' program on the
> installatio
> n CD or mentioned in our documentation.  Is this an add-on product from
> Microsof
> t?  Is there a better way to run the DSMC Schedule unattended for NT?  Thanks
> in
>  advance for your assistance...
>
> Todd Mitchell

'reskit' stands for resource kit and it is an extra cost option.
It's definitely a good a idea to have it in any case.  You can
have the scheduler start up automatically in a user session,
but running as a service is the preferred way.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607