ADSM-L

Re: TIME CHANGE CONCERNS.....?

1996-04-05 15:52:00
Subject: Re: TIME CHANGE CONCERNS.....?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 15:52:00 EST
Text item: Body.822
I have been thru a couple of time changes and seen a very small error.  We
have some unix boxes which backup daily with a small window (1 hour)
schedule.  Here is the scenario;  the clients get a 'next backup time' at 5
am saturday.  At 2 am sunday the unix system jumps the clock to 3 am.  The
server, on MVS, doesn't jump ahead; it must wait for an ipl later.  When
the client starts the backup, say at 10 minutes into the window, the server
thinks it is 50 minutes before the window so strange messages are generated
at the client, and a scheduled backup is missed.  (This scenario happens in
the fall too, with different messages).

As I said, it is a small problem, and I am going to ignore it now that I
understand it.