ADSM-L

help defining 3590 tape library

1996-04-05 13:27:05
Subject: help defining 3590 tape library
From: Steve D'Angona <dangona AT TREX.NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 13:27:05 -0500
Thank you for your time.

I'm sure I've missed something obvious but I haven't been able to figure
out what's wrong....

I'm trying to define a tape library on a 3590 tape automouter.
I get into dsmadmc and issue:

def dev TAPE devt=3590 libr=TAPE_LIB estcap=10G PREFIX=DSM

which goes fine.
I then issue:

def libr TAPE_LIB libt=scsi devi=/dev/rmt1.smc

and get:

ANR8418E DEFINE LIBRARY: An I/O error occurred while accessing library
TAPE_LIB.
ANS5102I Return code 3.

The manual sez to check that the device specified is correct, and that
the device is powered on and ready, which it is. I can tar to and from
this device.

I've reloaded the driver and microcode but still get the same problem.

Anyone else seen this before?

dangona AT trex.nist DOT gov