ADSM-L

What happened?

1996-04-04 14:19:27
Subject: What happened?
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 14:19:27 -0500
Date:     April 4, 1996            Time:    13:55
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (203) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
Was browsing the ADSM log looking for something else, and stumbled on this
Was browsing the ADSM log looking for something else, and stumbled on this
little goody just now.

Last night, we kicked off our nightly migration.  At some point after that
(not too long, but am not sure how far, based on the log), the operator reset
the machine, then reIPLed.  (MVS).  The next thing I see in the log is ADSM st
arting back up, followed by the Migration process starting again.  My question
is "what happened to the tapes involved in the process?"

There were no remove or scratch mount messages in the log - as a matter of
fact, no tape messages at all.  My concern is that if he was writting to a
tape, has the data base been updated, but the tape not kept, or if it was an e
xisting tape, updated, but it now does not have an end of file marker.  Is
there an exposure here?

Jerry Lawson