ADSM-L

Re: NW3.11 - TCP/IP connection failures

1996-04-04 10:42:30
Subject: Re: NW3.11 - TCP/IP connection failures
From: Barry Fruchtman <bf AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 08:42:30 -0700
 TCP does re-send packets. TCP sits on top of IP and
provides connection services.
It is up to the stack implementation
to track packets and re-send the missing ones.  We have seen
several instances of problems with the Novell stack for which
patches have been provided.  I don't know what the current
Novell TCP patch level is, but it is vital to ensure that
you're at the latest level.

Barry Fruchtman
ADSM Development