ADSM-L

an apology and a word of praise

1996-04-04 07:16:14
Subject: an apology and a word of praise
From: Helmut Richter <Helmut.Richter AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 14:16:14 +0200
Hello everybody,

recently there was a note by Bob Steelhammer on this list, announcing
problems with files greater than 2 GB. I responded with a short note,
gibing that IBM's own SP2 systems were not listed among the affected
platforms although they certainly are. I am, however, not sure how
attempts at humour come across this medium. No insult or serious scoff was
intended.

Among customers meeting on the ADSM workshop in Karlsruhe earlier this
week we discussed Bob Steelhammer's note. We were unanimous that the
unsolicited warning of customers of a potential pitfall due to a software
problem demonstrates a high level of responsibility. This kind of openness
is most warmly welcomed.

I feel I should clarify this lest my somewhat snide remark be
misinterpreted as a disapproval of this customer-friendly attitude.

I wish you all happy Easter holidays.

Best regards,

Helmut Richter

Dr. Helmut Richter                       Leibniz-Rechenzentrum
Tel:   +49-89-2105-8785                  Barer Str. 21
Fax:   +49-89-2809460                    D-80333 Muenchen
Email: Helmut.Richter AT lrz-muenchen DOT de    Germany
neue Rufnummer ab 1.5.96 / new phone number due 96/5/1:
neue Rufnummer ab 1.5.96 / new phone number due 96/5/1:
Tel:   +49-89-289-28785