ADSM-L

Re: mtlib command -L

1996-04-03 20:09:18
Subject: Re: mtlib command -L
From: Chris Hopkins <cjhopkin AT ON.BELL DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 20:09:18 -0500
I get the same thing!  Are you doing this with -a or -C.  I only tried -a as
I don't really want to change categories.

>The 'mtlib' command, supplied with the 3494 as an AIX command to
>operate on the 3494, has a -L option for specifying a list of tape
>volsers.  However, the device drivers manual says naught about how
>to specify those volsers via -L, and attempting all manner of
>variations (even with just one volser) yields the error message:
>   mtlib: Error reading Volume serial number list
>
>Has anyone figured out how to use the -L option?  Or is there a
>defect in the mtlib command?
>(The alternative is to use the -V option to specify one volume at
>a time, which makes for carpal tunnel.)
>      thanks, Richard Sims, Boston University OIT

Chris Hopkins                          cjhopkin AT on.bell DOT ca
Chris Hopkins                          cjhopkin AT on.bell DOT ca
Sr. System Designer
Highway 407 Electronic Toll Collection System
Bell Sygma Telecom Solutions
Toronto: (416) 215-2910
Ottawa:  (613) 781-4544