ADSM-L

Scheduler GUI for New 32-Bit Windows Client

1996-04-03 10:15:57
Subject: Scheduler GUI for New 32-Bit Windows Client
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 10:15:57 EST
As far as I have been able to tell, there is no Scheduler GUI for the
new 32-bit Windows client.  I am supporting about 1000 Windows clients,
most of which will be Windows 95 systems in the near future.  I find
that the current Windows client Scheduler GUI is about as complex an
interface as most of these users can handle.  (Just yesterday, I
figured out that the reason two of them weren't getting backups done
is that they thought clicking on the upper left corner was how to
minimize the window.)  So, obviously, I don't relish trying to tell
these 1000 users how to set up the command-line scheduler interface.
In fact, that's not possible; we'll have to invent something ourselves.
So, my questions are:  Why isn't there a GUI interface and will there
be one in the future?

Melinda Varian,
Princeton University