ADSM-L

Re: Lotus Notes Agent

1996-04-02 17:23:29
Subject: Re: Lotus Notes Agent
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 14:23:29 PST
Mike Corvino asks:

>Can anyone explain to me what relationship the ADSM Lotus Notes Agent
>software has to an OS/2 Client?

>We have installed the OS/2 client software on an OS/2 machine running
>Lotus Notes. After installing the
>software we found this Lotus Notes Agent software, and I am not sure
>what part is plays, in the backup
>process of this machine.  We are interested in backing up mostly
>Lotus notes files that change on a regular basis.

>Also, on an entirely different topic,  Does the Windows 3.1
>adminitrative Client software have a GUI,
>or only a line command interface??  On the disks I recieved with ADSM
>v2.1 I only fund the command line interface.

The Lotus Notes Backup Agent is an application written using the ADSM API that
provides for incremental backup of Lotus Notes databases at the document level.
The normal OS/2 backup-archive client can be used to back up Notes databases
in their entirety (i.e. the whole .NSF file). You can actually use both clients
in tandem, i.e. occasional full backups with the regular backup-archive client
and incremental backups with the Lotus Notes Backup Agent. This combination
would be effective especially for environments with very large Notes databases.

As far as the Windows admin client goes - at this time the only available
admin is the command line.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support