ADSM-L

Re: limits on clients

1996-03-28 17:20:35
Subject: Re: limits on clients
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT ACS.BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 17:20:35 -0500
>Does anyone else have the need to limit by policy  the amount of
>data that a given client can store in a server?
>What says the populus?

The very existence of GIFs argues for the ability to apply quotas to
ADSM usage as a whole, just as the HSM portion provides a basic quota.
We'd like to see quotas available for Archiving in particular to prevent users
from using the Archive as a limitless extension of their disk quota-limited
home directory.  Quotas are a conspicuously missing management tool in ADSM,
definitely needed.
      Richard Sims, Boston University Office of Information Technology