ADSM-L

Adsm client abend after install on OS/2 Warp Connect

1996-03-28 15:32:00
Subject: Adsm client abend after install on OS/2 Warp Connect
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 15:32:00 -0500
The (abend) dialog box says:

   System Error (Unknown title) Session ID= 017

   SYS3175
   A program in this session encountered a problem and cannot continue.

I won't reproduce the register (etc) information, but it does include:

   access violation @00010236
   DSM.EXE 0006:00000236

The problem occurs whether I try to start the Backup client or the
Scheduler and happens after the "connecting to server" message box.

This is an OS/2 Warp Connect system right out of the box, though I did
not do the install, using TCP/IP to a VM (version 1) ADSM server.

The ADSM client code is IP20561.  All options were checked on the
install.  After this problem, it appeared that fix IC12349.EXE might
fix the problem (replaces DSM.EXE and 2 other files), but the same
abend occurs.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance,

Wayne T. Smith               internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
Systems Group -- CAPS        University of Maine System